[DWJ] Grannys (NOW WITH SPOILERS FOR THE GAME)

Susanna Victoria dragonflygreen11 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 11:28:11 EDT 2007

--- Otter Perry <ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2007, at 2:31 AM, Ika Willis wrote:
>
> > Hee! Which reminds me that

> more spoiler space
>

> > at the beginning of *The Game* I was a bit sadly
> thinking 'Oh dear,
> > DWJ has muddled up her generations and put in a
> grandmother who would
> > have been old-fashioned in the 70s, or even the
> 50s',* but! It turned
> > out there was a good reason for this. Hoorah.
>
> And, by the end, you know there's a very good reason
> why she
> would appear old-fashioned.  She's been a
> grandmother for
> 2500 years.  Or so.

Along those lines, I was also confused at the
beginning about what age Hayley was...with good reason
as it turned out.  She seemed like she was about 13,
but when it turns out that she's so much smaller than
the cousins, even Tollie, who seems about 7 years old,
I began to wonder what DWJ was up to.  Should have
known she was doing it on purpose.

Susanna V.

Let the heart complete the pattern.