[DWJ] Lurkers on the List, plus cucumber sandwiches and marmite

Wed Mar 28 11:44:02 EDT 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:31:58 -0400 (EDT), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Minnow wrote:
>|>Yeah, but everyone understands that "Deborah always wins"!
>|
>|Unless this conflicts with the Known Fact that Melissa is a Jeenyus and
>|Allways Right.
>
>Well, part of alwayts winning is knowing to defer to Melissa.

I hardly even need to participate since the two of you are making all my
points for me.  :)

>|>ObDWJ: Which DWJ characters who are drunk with power do I most
>|>resemble?  What's-her-name in Time City?  *Them*?  The Wraith? Or
>|>am I more pathetic, ala Mr Nostrum or the Willing Warlock?
>|
>|Querida?
>
>Oh, *that's* okay, since Querida turns out to be cranky but
>goodhearted, in the end.

This reminds me of two things:

1. Querida is the ONLY major character in a DWJ novel who does not remind me
of someone I know in real life.

2. My little boy is reading _Dark Lord of Derkholm_ for the first time right
now.  He even checked it out from the library rather than borrow mine--some
kind of youthful independence, probably.  Though he has been read a number
of her other books, this is the first he's reading on his own.  He's eight.

Melissa Proffitt
who is, in fact, a Jeenyus
and Allways Right.
Ask anyone I've told.