[DWJ] List Lurking

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Mar 28 09:47:58 EDT 2007

On Mar 27, 2007, at 7:16 PM, Sally Odgers wrote:

> Whoever compiled the Tales liked Nose mythology, so the Tales
> were heavily Thor-and-Loki-flavoured.

I like Nose mythology myself.  One of my favorites is How the
Elephant Got His Trunk.

> Piers Anthony played games with traditional figures (Fate, Death,
> Evil etc) in the Incarnations of Immortality series. As someone
> (Minnow?) suggested about Baba Yaga, these were TITLES, and
> were borne by a succession of holders.

Or you can take the Pratchett approach to anthropomorphic
personifications.  [I didn't notice until it was pointed out to
me that Death appears in all but one book set on the Discworld
and that was a book for children -- one of the Tiffany
Aching books.]

The mome rath isn't born that could
outgrabe me.