[DWJ] Lurkers on the List

CMcMhn at aol.com CMcMhn at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 20:48:19 EDT 2007

Hi to the list.

I lurk because I try to start by being polite and listening before talking.
And then it gets to be a habit.  The whole "what do I really have to add" deal
kicks in.  And when I do have something to add, it usually runs afoul of
someone's else's dearly held views.  And I'm not sure how to handle demands for
agreement when those eventually show up.  Where's the balance between
disagreeing meaningfully and disagreeing dismissively?  This line may not exist on the
internet, while I do think it can be found to exist in person-to-person
interactions.  Mostly.

Cathy McM
Avid speculative fiction reader, Education Student, and Lurker