[DWJ] The Game

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Mar 27 15:59:25 EDT 2007

Not hugely spoliery:

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Minnow wrote:
|BY is
|usually presented as a Bad Thing, so putting her in as a helpful ally is
|reversing expectations.

I've never read Baba Yaga as a villain.  More of a  complicated
and extremely powerful figure who does not always share the same
motivations and moralities as we lesser mortals. I think of
stories like Vasilisa the Beautiful -- Baba Yaga is terrifying
and not benevolent, but she is far more dangerous to evildoers
than she is to the good and brave.

-deborah
--
You klingon bastard, you killed my son.  You klingon bastard, you killed my
son.  You ... Klingon ... bastard ... you ...