[DWJ] Not Got The Game Yet *sobs*!

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 27 00:46:56 EDT 2007

On Monday 26 March 2007, Anna Zofia Skarzynska wrote:
> > Ah, the joy of parents who choose names "so they can't be
> > shortened".
> >
> > Farah
>
> That doesn't always work as intended. I used to know a pair of
> siblings who were named Helen and Ian for that precise reason. Except
> that they were known to all as Ronnie and Bedwin, respectively.

I got a name that couldn't be shortened. But it *could* be rhymed, and
was, extensively, all through primary school because it rhymes with
half the rude words in the Dutch language. And I didn't even have
another name to fall back on.

We promptly gave our daughters three long and florid names each, with
the result that what they're teased with is not their name.

You just can't win.

   Irina (name of my own choice)

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 18-Mar-2007