[DWJ] Not Got The Game Yet *sobs*!

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Mon Mar 26 22:06:45 EDT 2007

Celestia Godbehere <ayewards at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:>Yup, Celestia has always been my name, and it's quite horrible to live with
>as it refuses to be shortened properly. It has given me lots of sympathy for
>anyone with similarly creative parents (poor Maree Mallory), but it's better
>than Guillaumette, which is what my parents nearly called me.
>Thanks to everyone who posted with help on how to get The Game,

>Celestia

That reminds me to ask (and forgive me if I've already raised this question and forgotten), how do you all pronounce "Maree"?  Should it be Mary (MARE ee), Mari (MAHR ee), Marie (muh REE), or something else entirely?

As to impossible names, my great-grandmother, born in the Netherlands, always called me Wilhelmina because she couldn't remember which queen I was named after.  I was not in fact named after a queen, but rather Elizabeth the mother of James the Baptist.  Try explaining that to a 90-year-old who was known to be very stubborn even in her younger years.

To this day I sometimes call myself Wilhelmina before I can stop myself.

E.