[DWJ] DWJ characters at a wedding party

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Mar 26 08:13:19 EDT 2007

>>> Charlie (about to leave for the Thing itself - and beating his
>>> breast, for he hears the loud bassoon)
[Minnow]
>> If the bassoonist is still busking outside your house when you get
>> back, please send her home -- she's late for supper.

[Philip]

>Now I'm really lost!  I thought I was the only bassoonist on this
>list...

She isn't really a bassoonist, she's a violinist.  But there was an
occasion on which the school orchestra wanted to do a piece with a bassoon
part, and they have a School Bassoon but lacked someone to play it, so she
did an intensive six-week "I will learn to play this thing if it kills me"
effort.

Not to be rude about the instrument, but at the beginning it *did* sound
rather as if there were a distressed cow with musical ambitions stuck in a
ditch somewhere in the sitting-room.  Luckily her technique improved
rapidly enough for me not to have to move out, and the concert was a
success.

Anyhow she's not on the list, so you don't have to worry: if we need
distressed cows in ditches we'll come to you for the simulation.  :-)

Minnow