[DWJ] Re: Rosemary Edghill

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 19 12:57:00 EDT 2007

> I have those three books in a nice omnibus called Bell, Book and Murder.
> Also once owned the first book about the elves and the librarian, but gave
> that away to a librarian friend. Mostly because of the joke " Dewey or don't
> we" that was somewhere in the beginning.

It's interesting-- I loved the Bast books but couldn't stand the
Librarian/elf series. No matter how depressed I was in graduate school,
I couldn't identify with the heroes and heroines-- even though I
could wrap my mind around Stephen  Donaldson's helpless heroine (_A Man
Rides Through it_ etc.), Mercedes  Lackey's elves, and even loved the
book I can't remember in which an  angel turns out to be bisexual and a
retarded girl the next earthmother (I  can't remember the name of the
book)-- somehow the Sword of Maiden's Tears was too much for me.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net