[DWJ] Got The Game!

Katherine Ferguson k.ferguson at maulu.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 14:43:25 EDT 2007

Juliette Curtis wrote:
> I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk on Saturday. It arrived yesterday in Perth,
> Western Australia, so that was very fast shipping.

So it really does exist? Like Philip, I've had trouble tracking down a
copy. Oxford's Waterstones initially tried to sell me a copy of Tim
Wynne-Jones's Survival Game, then couldn't spell Wynne, then found no
mention of the DWJ book on any of their computer systems. Borders said
it would take about two months to get it from the USA, and I should try
Amazon. Blackwells had a very good assistant who not only had heard of
DWJ but could spell her name, knew what sort of books she writes, and
which publisher has been usual in recent years, but found that their
computer systems showed The Game wouldn't be published until November.
And Oxford's supposed to be good for bookshops!

Given how DWJ things can come true, there isn't anything in The Game
about books mysteriously not existing, or publishing time warps, is there?

(I guess I'll order it from Amazon.co.uk after all...)

Katherine
Oxford, UK
(delurking briefly)