[DWJ] DWJ Signing

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Mar 16 13:05:17 EDT 2007

Meredith wrote:

>Anyone near Bristol might be interested to know that Diana Wynne Jones
>will be signing in Forbidden Planet bookshop (Clifton Heights, Triangle
>West, Bristol, BS8 1EJ) on Saturday 17th March 1-2pm.
>
>She will be taking part in an event with members of the Write Fantastic
>Juliet E. Mckenna, Mark Chandbourn, Stan Nicholls, Jessica Rydill as well
>as Stephen Hunt.
>
>More information at http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/store/Event.htm

I cannot check that site, but I have to pass on a sad word.

Diana has been recovering from a ten-day bout of flu, which had become a
chest infection over last weekend, and on top of that has now caught a
cold.  Her husband rang the store this morning after looking at her
thoughtfully, and told them that he would not allow her to try to do a
signing tomorrow.

She didn't argue, which means she really is ill -- if she were able she
would not let people down.

She has asked me to tell the List so that nobody rushes to an event to meet
her when she won't be there.

She has asked me to say that her words are, "I'm sorry.  I'm *sorry*.  I'm
SORRY!  Bah!"

Minnow