[DWJ] Intros: Aimee

Aimee Smith aimees001 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 21:15:38 EDT 2007

Another thing to catch up on: intros.

I am Aimee, I live in regional Queensland and teach English and
History (and therefore other things as well, like Tourism) in high
school.
I am 23. (takes a moment to absorb that fact)
I HAVE WONDERFUL NEWS! Which I will talk about later.

My first DWJ was Homeward Bounders, read in one sitting to me by
Kathleen, which kept us up to a ridiculous hour at college five or
six years ago.
(I reread it the other night, when I was supposed to be packing, and
it kept me up all night again, read in one sitting. I remember
thinking as I opened the cover: "I will have to put this down after
the first sentence" - then after about half an hour I drifted away
from the bookshelf, sat down, and before I knew it, it was 2am!)
Kathleen also introduced me to this wonderful list (thankyou, K!).

My favourites include, in no particular order:
Cart and Cwidder, Homeward Bounders, Fire and Hemlock, Deep Secret,
Hexwood and Howl's Moving Castle.

Other authors I like are myriad, but include in NO particular order:
Pratchett, Willis, Tolkien, C S Lewis, Cecilia Dart Thornton, Garth
Nix, Victorian women writers (Thebrontes, Gaskell, etc), Isobelle
Carmody (who I may have offended, oh dear!), Lloyd Alexander, Neil
Gaiman, and oh dear I have run out of names, which I shall remember
as instantly as I press the send button.

I am currently reading:
The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins
The Dragon Stone, by Ruth Manley
Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld
Momo, by Michael Ende
The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale
St Augustine's Confessions - by, well, St Augustine
Strange and Norrell (for about a year now - am halfway through), by
Susanna Clarke

I have just bought:
The Star of Kazan, by Eva Ibbotson
The Faery Reel, ed. by Windling and Datlow

And I am on holidays for two weeks.
YAY!!!
:)

Aimee.