[DWJ] Oud, Ood...TorchwOOD

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Jun 26 09:10:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Sally Odgers wrote:

> Thus I make the leap from Cart and Cidder to Doctor Who and Beyond.

See, I made the leap because of the species "the Oud" in Doctor
Who last season, but I didn't post about it.  :D

> HAs anyone seen the whole first series of Torchwood? I got hold of the first
> five eps recently. It struck me that the "Small Things" ep was rather DWJish.

I like the show, but it hasn't lived up to its potential, yet, in
my opinion.  I don't like the choice to focus it around Gwen
rather than around Jack or around the ensemble, and I don't like
the massive changing of Jack's character into somebody dark and
angst ridden. Although [massive spoilers excised but imagine some
gleeful bouncing].

I think you might be right about that episode. The lovely little
fairies and he outsider reaction to them, followed by what it
turns out their actual agenda is. In a DWJ story, though, the
children would have been less passive about the whole situation.

-deborah
--
You klingon bastard, you killed my son.  You klingon bastard, you killed my
son.  You ... Klingon ... bastard ... you ...