[DWJ] introductions

ckcjensen ckcjensen at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jun 25 03:27:03 EDT 2007

I am a serial lurker who lives in Melbourne, Australia with my husband,
teenaged daughter and cat. I am 42, and currently working as a library
technician in a primary school, even though I trained as a secondary
teacher-librarian.

 I was first introduced to DWJ while I was studying for my degree - we had
to read The Ogre Downstairs as part of our course on Children's Literature.
I promptly went to the public library and borrowed as many of her books as I
could find.

I have met Diana once - on the same tour that someone else met her on - when
she came to Australia. I said something hopelessly inane to her, as one does
when you meet people you admire. I think it was something along the lines of
" I hope you don't get writers cramp", but she signed my book (Black Maria)
nevertheless!

Favourite DWJ - a tie between Deep Secret and Fire and Hemlock, although
Howl is always being read too.

Other favourites are Jasper Fforde, Janet Evanovich, Garth Nix, Ursula K. Le
Guin, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Bill Bryson, P.D. James,  Elizabeth
Peters and Philip Reeve, plus lots of favourites stored in bookcases and
boxes.

Other obsessions - art quilting, beading, photography, trying to do cryptic
crosswords

Karen Jensen