4 primary colors - Re: [DWJ] Introductions

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Thu Jun 21 02:39:02 EDT 2007

Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:

> Irina Rempt <irina at valdyas.org> wrote:>Random strange fact about me: I already
 > knew I have excellent colour vision
>> and colour memory, but I recently found out that the cause is probably that
>> I'm a tetrachromat: I have extra colour receptors, so I can see more nuances
>> of (especially) green. So is my youngest daughter, which makes me wonder if
>> tetrachromacy and liking DWJ are related.
> I have always known that one of my eyes sees more red and the other sees more green.  Because it isn't very pronounced, I tend to ignore it.  Recently it occurred to me that I might be slightly colorblind in one eye, or have some other sort of condition, and that it might be interesting to investigate.  I've never heard of tetrachromacy, but I have excellent color memory and after reading your email I'm wondering if I might be a tetrachomat.  How did you discover it?  Does it have any ramifications, links to other conditions (is that the word I'm looking for?), or is it simply trivia?  It's interesting to think it could be linked to liking DWJ. :)  I'm off to Google and see what I can find out....

Tetrachromacy is still a bit theoretical, but more and more researchers
are beginning to believe in it.  As a side effect of the genetics,
tetrachromatic mothers are believed to very often have colorblind sons.
      Are any listie 4-primary-color ladies the mothers of a colorblind
son?  If so, a researcher may want to study you.  :)

--Mark