[DWJ] Introductions

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 20 22:11:16 EDT 2007

Been a while since I got around to doing one of these.

My name's Paul, I'm 27 this year, and I live in Kalgoorlie, Western
Australia. I've been a DWJ reader since primary school (I'm fairly
sure that the first DWJ I read was 'The  Magicians of Caprona', but it
was all so long ago...) and first joined this list when I was in uni.

When I last did an Introduction here, I was living in a caravan in my
parents' backyard, which had a skylight that leaked when it rained.
Nowadays I live on my own in a flat... which has a skylight that leaks
when it rains (but at least this one's in the bathroom, where it
doesn't matter so much).

Still working as a web site developer. Still playing trombone in the
brass band. Still playing the organ at church once a week. Still
listening to a lot of radio, and not watching a lot of television.
In fact, I don't *have* a television since I moved, and don't miss it.
(Although I do have a portable DVD player, and a standing invitation
from my parents to come and visit whenever Doctor Who is on.)

I've been getting back into theatre this year. Right now, I'm hip-deep
in rehearsals for 'The Crucible' (my first dramatic role!), and I've
been holding off with this introduction until I could say whether I'd
been offered a principal role in an upcoming production of 'Annie';
answer: no, but considering the state of my schedule at the moment,
that's probably just as well.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."