[DWJ] Widdy's Subjects

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Jun 20 17:22:46 EDT 2007

Nicholas said...

> scripsit Dorian ...
>>"Why don't you turn off your television and go and do something more
>>interesting instead?"
>
> This was the question asked at the beginning of every edition of the
> 1980s BBC children's programme 'Why Don't You?', although I think the
> wording was "... go and do something less boring instead".  I seem to
> remember I usually followed their advice forthwith, anyway.

"...less boring..." I think you're right.  But wow, someone else remembers
it!

One of the shames of my teenage years was that they used something I sent
in - two years or so after I sent it; it would have been cool to have been
mentioned when I was 12, but was very *very* embarrassing when I was 14.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray