[DWJ] Introduction

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Wed Jun 20 17:10:10 EDT 2007

I have been on the list for nearly 2 years, though it seems longer. I was
introduced to it via the Georgette Heyer list, and specifically by Minnow.

I am 56 (born 13th March, and turned 13 on Friday 13th!), with 3 daughters
aged 23, 19 and 17. Married since 1973. I'm a school librarian working with
11-16 year olds and I run a listserv for school librarians.

I live in London - born in the northwest of and now living in the southeast
of, which means I have crossed the great divide which is the River Thames.
Strange how much difference a bit of water makes.

I think my first DWJ was probably Charmed Life, with The ogre downstairs,
Eight days of Luke and The ogre downstairs all being early reads.

Now I think I like Magicians of Caprona, Deep Secret and The Merlin
Conspiracy best. Though I also love the complications of Hexwood. And I also
love Dogsbody (even if I totally misremembered its title the other day). In
fact, I could go through most of her books and find good reasons for loving
them.
Except...
I totally failed to finish, or even get very far with, her adult book (not
even sure of the title, was it something like Changeover, or is that just
Margaret Mahy?). And I was disappointed in Wild Robin, which seems too
slight to me.

Other authors I read and reread: Mary Stewart, Margery Allingham, D L
Sayers, Dick Francis, Lindsay Davis, Margaret Mahy, Maurice Walsh, Bujold,
Antonia Forest, E J Oxenham, GH of course, Whelan Turner, Ann Bridge, Helen
MacInnes, Ellis Peters...

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com