[DWJ] Introductions

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Jun 20 01:17:43 EDT 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Judith Ridge wrote:

> Re-enrolled to finish my MA. My first thesis topic (back in the early
> 90s‹abandoned due to a most inconvenient divorce) was on concepts of time in
> DWJ‹Chrestomanci and Time City and Time of the Ghost. (Didn¹t actually know
> what I was talking about, alas.) Second thesis topic was Cynthia Voigt¹s
> ³Bad Girls² books. Third thesis topic was masculinity in Australian YA
> fiction. Bored stupid at the very idea, I finally settled on fairy tale
> retellings, focusing on feminist criticism of the fairy tale, narrative
> theory and books by Donna Jo Napoli. More on that anon.
>
> Judith

Congratulations on submitting your thesis, but I think it's very cool that
you wrote it on Donna Jo.  Given that you wrote your thesis on her, I'm
sure you know this, but for those that don't, Donna Jo is the head of the
linguistics department at Swarthmore (linguistics was my other major,
aside from English).  She is a very cool person.

						---Kyra

---
Mokuren: "Heaping love and devotion upon someone might become a burden
that can't be reciprocated.  Will _doesn't_ make a way.  Effort _isn't_
always rewarded.  Not in love."
				---Saki Hiwatari, _Please Save My Earth_