[DWJ] Introductions

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Jun 20 01:15:51 EDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Susanna Victoria wrote:

> Hey there, Kyra!  I got my Master of Environmental Management from the Yale School of Forestry two years ago...we may even have overlapped on campus!  Also, coincidentally, I am going to China (as a tourist) in August.  Best of luck with teaching there.  I have a friend who did that and had a wonderful time--in fact she now lives there with her (American) husband, and I will be visiting them on my trip.

My MA program was actually incredibly short (only one year), so I don't
think we would have overlapped on campus.  Still, it is an amusing
coincidence, especially with your trip.  I'm actually really excited to
hear that your friend had such a wonderful time that she's still there
;-).

> ObDWJ: I will have to see if I can find any DWJ books in Chinese translation for my friend to read.  Do you suppose they exist?
I'm sure they must exist!  Otherwise such a large proportion of the world
population would just be deprived of DWJ :(.

The group I'm going with suggested that we might bring along children's
books to share with our classes and use as educational aids.  Does anybody
have any guesses as to which DWJ books would be easy to read and appealing
to Chinese teenagers?

> Susanna

						---Kyra

---
Mokuren: "Heaping love and devotion upon someone might become a burden
that can't be reciprocated.  Will _doesn't_ make a way.  Effort _isn't_
always rewarded.  Not in love."
				---Saki Hiwatari, _Please Save My Earth_