[DWJ] Introductions

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Tue Jun 19 21:41:51 EDT 2007

Irina Rempt <irina at valdyas.org> wrote:>Random strange fact about me: I already knew I have excellent colour vision
>and colour memory, but I recently found out that the cause is probably that
>I'm a tetrachromat: I have extra colour receptors, so I can see more nuances
>of (especially) green. So is my youngest daughter, which makes me wonder if
>tetrachromacy and liking DWJ are related.
I have always known that one of my eyes sees more red and the other sees more green.  Because it isn't very pronounced, I tend to ignore it.  Recently it occurred to me that I might be slightly colorblind in one eye, or have some other sort of condition, and that it might be interesting to investigate.  I've never heard of tetrachromacy, but I have excellent color memory and after reading your email I'm wondering if I might be a tetrachomat.  How did you discover it?  Does it have any ramifications, links to other conditions (is that the word I'm looking for?), or is it simply trivia?  It's interesting to think it could be linked to liking DWJ. :)  I'm off to Google and see what I can find out....

EGH