[DWJ] Introductions

Rosemary Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 09:14:46 EDT 2007

I'm Rosemary, generally known as Rosie (though occasionally also Dozy
or Nev). Mainly a lurker. 31, born 25th April, which is St Mark's day
and Anzac Day. Have been on the list for some years, lost count.
Librarian, having great difficulty getting a permanent job, or a lot of
the time any job at all. Live with one husband and thousands of books
in tied accommodation in rich leafy Surrey, with no point even trying
to keep up with the neighbours - it's quite liberating!

Favourite DWJ - Year of the Griffin, Deep Secret, Fire and Hemlock.
Order varies according to mood. I have a feeling The Game may go on the
list after a few more re-reads.

First DWJ - Charmed Life, when I was 8 or 9. I then looked in the local
library for more DWJ books, and found Fire and Hemlock. I couldn't read
it, so I decided it was Too Old for me, and I had better work through
all the other DWJs I could find until I could cope. Rediscovered F&H at
16ish, and was blown away. About the same time read Spellcoats and was
bored by it and put off Dalemark. Rediscovered Dalemark through this
list at 24ish. So on this showing I am looking forward to rediscovering
something else next year ... any ideas?

Other authors - Antonia Forest, Tamora Pierce, Robin McKinley, Lois
McMaster Bujold, Rosemary Sutcliff, O. Douglas, Geoffrey Trease,
Georgette Heyer, to name but a few.