[DWJ] Introductions

shawyer at mail.utexas.edu shawyer at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 18 21:18:17 EDT 2007

I'm Sue, 31, mainly a lurker, and currently working on a PhD in Theatre History
here in Austin, Texas. My first DWJ was Ogre Downstairs when I was a young teen
and got the book from my British foster sister. Then Charmed Life, which is
still one of my favorites. Then Everything Else whenever I could find it! Still
haven't read The Game yet because I like all my books to match, so I have to
wait until I go back home to Canada this summer for a visit to purchase it in
Cdn edition. There's something soothing about a matching set . . . Lots of
favorites, but they include Charmed Life, HMC, and Archer's Goon.

Quoting Elizabeth Evans <er.evans at auckland.ac.nz>:
> The thought of doing a PhD is always in my mind, especially since a
> number of the list members seem to be in the middle of one or have just
> finished. It's encouraging to be reminded that real people with similar
> interests to mine can still pursue higher learning. How is it all going,
> you higher students? (However, since I'm also working and saving for
> future retirement the PhD may have to wait till said retirement.)

Elizabeth, I love being in an environment where everyone is excited about
similar things that excite me, and that we can talk and write and think about
such things all day long. That said, there's lots of work and lots of hoops to
jump through, but it is worth it.