[DWJ] Introductions

Colin Fine colin at kindness.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 18:39:55 EDT 2007

Robyn Starkey wrote:

> Colin Fine wrote:
>
>> I did not read The Spellcoats until after C&C and DA. I think the
>> Spellcoats is a superbly crafted book (or 'woven' perhaps would be
>> better), but I don't find it such an enjoyable read as DA or The
>> Crown of Dalemark.
>
> Why not? (I say mildly, instead of shouting "blasphemer!") Spellcoats
> is probably my favourite DWJ of all.
>
> robyn

I admire Spellcoats, but I don't enjoy reading it as much - perhaps
because you have to work a little harder. I love having read it, but I
find it much denser than any of the others.
On a related topic, I had the Crown of Dalemark sitting on my shelves
for a long time before I read it, and one of the reasons was that it was
big. Does anybody else find themselves less inclined to read big fat books?

Colin