[DWJ] dalemark

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Mon Jun 18 12:37:36 EDT 2007

Minnow revealed:

> There is one thoroughly unresolved short story-ish set in that world
> more-or-less, but I don't think it *wants* to go anywhere more.
>
> I do want that prisoner given something more of a story, but the point
> is that she isn't, so I don't think it would work.

That sounds like "The True State of Affairs".  I agree that the story
would lose much of its point if Emily were given something more, for all
she deserves it.

I am currently reading "Minor Arcana", which ends with that story, so it
might kick off a re-read of the Dalemark books.  (I started reading it
because I wanted to look up a saying of the Sage of Dissolution for a
Christian discussion group I have to lead on Wednesday.)

I'm for less rather than more on the "set in that world" bit.  It's a
world with a country called Dalemark, but it doesn't seem to be the
Dalemark we know and love.  I think it relates to it more as our world
relates to that of Chrestomanci.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432