[DWJ] Introductions

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Mon Jun 18 12:31:02 EDT 2007

> From: dwj-bounces at suberic.net [mailto:dwj-bounces at suberic.net] On
> Behalf Of Tina

Oh, Bettina!  I often wondered if you might be a Tina, and I never dared
ask!

(There was a wonderful girl in my class when I was about 9 or 10, called
Tina.  If I'd been a year or two older I would have fancied her, but I
was at the age when I didn't want anything to do with girls.  ISTR she
beat me in the final of the Nine Men's Morris tournament.  For some
reason I can't fathom, she seems to have given me a soft spot for the
name Tina.)

But I digress.  This was supposed to be my introduction...

I'm Philip.  I was born in Bristol 40 years ago this last March, but now
live in Coalville, Leicestershire.  I'd like to go back and live in the
South West eventually.

I work for an electricity company as an electrical engineer.  On the
subject of returning to study, I started an M.Sc. in 2001 (with help
from my employer), and my submission date is September next year, unless
I get it put back again.  I am also seriously considering enrolling at
Birmingham Conservatoire to study composition, although it turns out
that the study option the head of composition recommended isn't
available any more.

I discovered DWJ at the age of 9 or thereabouts.  Dogsbody was my first,
and still holds a special place in my memory.  By the time I was 10 or
11, and taking an entrance exam for my next school, I cited Power of
Three as my favourite book (yes, it was a question in the exam),
although I couldn't spell DWJ's middle name.  I think Sudden Wild Magic
is my favourite now, but there are so many good ones it's hard to
choose!  My least favourite DWJ is probably Angus Flint, or maybe Chair
Person.

Thanks are due to the list, or members of it (sometimes it's hard to
tell which) for introducing me to the work of Lois Bujold, Connie
Willis, Martha Wells and Patricia Wrede, and to BookCrossing.com, where
I'm known as PDB11.  I was introduced to the list in about 1999 by my
brother, who I think was a member for a couple of weeks, and left before
I joined.

What else to tell?  I need only add that I am single, straight, and a
Christian, and that probably sums me up.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432