[DWJ] Introductions

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Mon Jun 18 00:25:05 EDT 2007

Well, I guess I better introduce myself.  My name is Jenny Schwartzberg and I've been lurking with a post or two for the last couple of months.  I'm 42, a rare book librarian at the Newberry Library in Chicago.  I've been reading DWJ since my early teens.  I think the first one might have been Charmed Life or Magicians of Caprona.  I recently introduced my nephew and niece to DWJ when they visited me and together we have gotten my mother to start reading her <g>.  If someone could pass on to DWJ my deep gratitude, because when my 12-year-old nephew Galen read Aunt Maria (aka Black Maria) he laughed so hard!  He is so sober and serious (long story) and to hear him really laughing was so special.  He read the whole book through and started rereading it again.  Thank you a million DWJ!!  They have both reported going to the library and devouring every DWJ book they can find.

If anyone is in Chicago or comes through Chicago, come to the Newberry and say hello.  If you give me enough notice, I'll give a personal tour of the Library which is one of the world's great rare book libraries and talk your ear off about DWJ and about the history of children's books (the library has over 10,000 children's books among other collections, though not DWJ).

Cheerfully yours,
Jenny Schwartzberg