[DWJ] OT: Book recommendations

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Sun Jun 17 20:10:25 EDT 2007

I noticed that a few people in their introduction mentioned books or
authors that they recommend.  I thought this would be a good time to
separate this into its own thread, as otherwise, some of them might be
missed, or glossed over.  Everyone, add your latest finds to this pile.

My recommendation, to a list who likes children's literature, is a
science fiction series for teenagers, called the Uglies trilogy.  It
consists of _Uglies_, _Pretties, and _Specials_.  Amazon carries the
books, if you can't find them locally.  There is also a fourth book
forthcoming, it will be called _Extras_.

The story begins with a girl who is just under sixteen, and she is an
"ugly".  Soon, she will undergo a procedure that will transform her into
a "pretty".  She begins to doubt the system, and becomes a vandal.  I
can't say too much more without spoiling it.

--Mark A.