[DWJ] Re: Introductions

ofelves at aol.com ofelves at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 18:25:44 EDT 2007

I've been lurking for about a year and have very much enjoyed the posts and the recommendations.  I'll probably slink back into comfortable obscurity, but it seems polite to post an intro, so...

Right now I'm at home in Virginia, but I'll be a college senior in the fall.  I'm an English literature major because the college powers that be have strong objections to students who want to study a bit of all humanitiesl, and English seemed the logical choice for a confirmed bibliophile and compulsive book-buyer (books need friends, you know).

The first DWJ I read was either Howl's Moving Castle or Dark Lord.  Whichever one it was, I loved it and set off on a hunt for the rest.  HMC, Charmed Life, Year of the Griffin, and Tough Guide are my favorites.  I also love Georgette Heyer, Lois McMaster Bujold, Elizabeth Peters, LM Montgomery, and Terry Pratchett (though like someone else said, I prefer his earlier, less preachy works).

I answer to Katherine and know several lovely people here from lj who assured me that delurking does not bring about immediate devouring by a large pointy-toothed animal.  :)