[DWJ] Introductions

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sun Jun 17 16:39:03 EDT 2007

My name's Otter [yes, really.  You can look at my passport if you don't
believe me.]  [On another paw, I will say that my parents had nothing
to do with this.  I got rid of a first name I didn't like and never
used,
and substituted one I do like and occasionally use.  My middle name
is Elizabeth and my family always called me Betsy, which you are
welcome to use.]

As of today, I'm 60.

The first DWJ I read was [IIRC] _The Magicians of Caprona_, probably
when it was new or, at any rate, a recent acquisition of the Detroit
Public Library.

On Jun 17, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Elizabeth Parks wrote:

> We don't
> always rank the books in the same order, but as I once dated a boy who
> spent 3 years reading a single book (!!!!! by Clive Barker. . . his
> defense was that it was long and he was busy), I vastly enjoy that we
> both are readers.

My wife is not a reader, unfortunately.  She will read the occasional
book
about a subject that interests her -- lately, biographies of blues
musicians --
but I don't imagine I could ever interest her in DWJ.  If you have any
choice
in the matter, don't get involved with a non-reader.

[I, who _am_ a reader, took three years to get through _Guns, Germs, and
Steel_ by Jared Diamond.   Of course, I read lots and lots of other
books
during that three years.]

I discovered Lois McMaster Bujold through this list, for which I am very
grateful.

I also discovered Ursula Vernon and _Order of the Stick_.  Thank you,
thank you!

I'm not sure how long I've been on the list -- since late 2003, at
least.
I was rereading Howl's Moving Castle and wondered what the saucepan
song was and did an Internet search and here I am.

I live in southwest Colorado, after years of living in much more humid
bits of the East and of Michigan.  [It's 88 at the moment and the
humidity is 10%.]

Life is something to do when you can't get
to sleep.

                                 - Fran Lebowitz