[DWJ] Introductions

ANDREW BARTON andrew.157barton at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 17 14:12:36 EDT 2007

"Celestia Godbehere" <ayewards at hotmail.co.uk>

  > Hello, I'm only just 17 (having had my birthday on a statistics AS exam
*shudders*) and am at the moment worrying about university. Problem is,
don't want to give up either maths or english, but I fear that I may
have to
do so. Perhaps maths with lots of reading around the edges? <

  I had that.  I wanted to do either Russian or History at A level as well as Maths and my school reckoned there was just no way to make it work in the timetable.

  Later on I found being a mathematician who could also write decent English was a useful combination!

  Years later I've started doing Open University courses in historical subjects.

  Andrew