[DWJ] Introductions

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sun Jun 17 12:34:21 EDT 2007

Celestia arrived <sproing>

>Hello, I'm only just 17 (having had my birthday on a statistics AS exam
>*shudders*) and am at the moment worrying about university. Problem is, I
>don't want to give up either maths or english, but I fear that I may have to
>do so.

Stick to your guns.  My daughter is taking a Maths A-level paper tomorrow;
the main English A-level papers she took were last monday.  They tried to
tell her "you can't do that there here" after AS, and she told them she'd
go somewhere she *could* in that case.

>Perhaps maths with lots of reading around the edges?

She has set her sights on Philosophy.  She did this because she feels that
maths has to be a consuming passion or there's no point, and in her case it
isn't, but you might feel otherwise.

>Anyway, my favourite DWJ book is Deep Secret, but there are lots of close
>seconds. I have booktrack at my local library to thank for introducing me to
>her, as she was one of the required authors to get a ruler with a picture of
>an aeroplane on it. (I think I still have it somewhere...)

May I tell her that?

>I live in Devon, South-West England, and I know that I'll miss it when I
>move away...

Devon's a big place, m'dear; whereabouts?

Minnow (just don't say "Ipplepen")