[DWJ] dalemark

R.Macrae-Gibson at lse.ac.uk R.Macrae-Gibson at lse.ac.uk
Sun Jun 17 09:57:45 EDT 2007

Thanks Minnow!

I've been wondering about this ever since Crown was released-I certainly
don't remember seeing your explanation on the list before so apologies
if it had been posted and I missed it-maybe it should be added to a FAQ
on the main site.

Well I like the history, but it's comforting to know that the later
editions are in fact how DWJ wanted them and not a result of an awful
hatchet job-as was done on the 'updated' Ogre. Not that I've actually
read said mangled Ogre-but several people have posted about it. As the
original is laugh out loud funny, and beautifully captures family life
in the 1970s I really can't see why the editors thought it needed
'updating'.

Rowena