[DWJ] dalemark

R.Macrae-Gibson at lse.ac.uk R.Macrae-Gibson at lse.ac.uk
Sun Jun 17 06:56:38 EDT 2007

This is interesting Minnow-I wonder which 3 chapters of Crown these
were?

Slight spoiler if you haven't read the Dalemark books
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.

What I really want to know is why were the cuts made to later editions
of Cart & Cwidder? Was this because DWJ wanted to put more emphasis on
Kankredin and so some of the details about the Kingstone and the history
of the North-South conflict had to go?

I posted the text of the cuts some while ago
http://www.suberic.net/pipermail/dwj/2002-June/009610.html

I think it's a shame that these cuts were made as I don't think they
distract from the Kankredin driven nature of Crown. Plus my original
Puffin copy is falling apart but I prefer to read this than the
Mandarin!

I do love the first 3 books especially, and always liked the fact that
there were links between them without them being a specific trio. Part
of DWJ's own magic at work.

Rowena