[DWJ] Introductions

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 03:44:29 EDT 2007

OK, I'll go next,

Jon Noble, a 54 (well on Tuesday) year old high school teacher-librarian. Married with two children both of whom have left home (it does end). Both daughters are also DWJ fans as is my wife, Caroline, an artist and sometime university lecturer. My youngest daughter, Sarah is currently residing on the Isles of Scilly, working as a waitress whilst Kate is starting a career as a teacher. I live in Kilaben Bay on the shores of Lake Macquarie near Newcastle about 100 km north of Sydney (Australia). It is an area that has recently been in the news for severe storms. We had 50cm or rain in 12 hours a week ago. Having had an earthquake and bushfires, and now a cyclone/hurricane we are patiantly awaiting the volcano.
My first DWJ was Spellcoats, read in the mid 1980s.
Favourite DWJ - either Archer's Goon (which was probably my second DWJ) or Deep Secret.
Other authors SF/Fantasy; Tolkien, LeGuin, Vance, George RR Martin, Tad Williams, Garth Nix, Pratchett, Bujold, etc, etc.
    Non-SF, Fraser's Flashman books, Davis's Falco books.
Films; I did a long list last time, look in the archives because I'm buggered if I can remember what I said then and wouldn't want to put anything different.
TV; The Prisoner (note the definite article - the British series from the 1960s), The Avengers (Diana Rigg years), Dr Who, Babylon 5, lots of British and some Australian comedies going back to Mavis Bramston in Australia and At Last the 1948 Show from Britain.

Jon