[DWJ] Introductions

Tarja Rainio tarja.rainio at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 20:14:44 EDT 2007

I've on the list since the beginning, but I've always been one of the
more silent/lurking ones. For some reason I'm much more active and
talkative on my Livejournal and always have been ever since I started
it.

My favourite DWJ is Hexwood, though I love all the Chrestomanci books,
since Charmed Life was the first DWJ book I read in Finnish
translation when I was about 12 years old. I've been a DWJ fan ever
since.

I'm currently 37 years old and live in Helsinki, Finland. I will turn
38 in December, and am a lifelong sf/fantasy fan and have been active
in local fandom for several years (not so much lately). I do
occasional reviews about YA/children's books/manuscripts for a local
publisher and have discovered quite a few new authors that way.

My current recommendation for everyone to read (it's being or has been
published any day now) is Melissa Marr's _Wicked Lovely_. I read the
first the first version manuscript over a year ago, so I'm a bit fuzzy
about the details, but even then it hooked me completely. The book is
an urban fantasy with a fairy tale flavour.

Tarja