[DWJ] Introductions

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Jun 16 11:20:32 EDT 2007

On Jun 14, 2007, at 9:08 PM, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:

> Elizabeth Evans wrote:
>
>> Since the last round of intros I have gained an MA and a mortgage, in
> that order.
>
> Congratulations on your MA!  I'm always glad to hear about people
> getting graduate degrees several years after college.  My mother
> returned to graduate school for an MS and PhD when I was 12, and ever
> since then I've been upset that more people don't go for degrees even
> if they haven't been in school for a while.  She got a lot of support
> but also a lot of criticism for "abandoning" her family in order to
> focus on graduate school.

It's always the right time to go to school.  My sister, who lurks here
somewhere, took a while to get her bachelor's degree.  She started
in 1960 and finished in 1999.  [Yes, I typed it correctly.  39 years.]

Now she's doing a master's degree in teaching English as a second
language.

I started my MA 10 years after I graduated from college, and finished
nine years later.

... the Bible is full of literature's two great
themes, love and death (as well as its
exciting cariacatures, sex and violence) ...

                                       - Thomas Cahill