[DWJ] Introductions

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Thu Jun 14 23:08:21 EDT 2007

Elizabeth Evans wrote:

>Since the last round of intros I have gained an MA and a mortgage, in
that order.

Congratulations on your MA!  I'm always glad to hear about people getting graduate degrees several years after college.  My mother returned to graduate school for an MS and PhD when I was 12, and ever since then I've been upset that more people don't go for degrees even if they haven't been in school for a while.  She got a lot of support but also a lot of criticism for "abandoning" her family in order to focus on graduate school.

I've been reading this list and commenting sporadically for about a year, but I'm not sure if I ever introduced myself.  I'm an undergraduate student in the USA, working on a degree comprising history, political studies, French, and anything else that sounds interesting.  I like DWJ.  That's about all there is to me.

EGH