[DWJ] Congrats Charlie

Charles Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 03:10:19 EDT 2007

> >But I'm puzzled as to why Griswold's book is on the list‹it's a 2004
> title
> and all the others are 2006. Isn't this an annual award?

Yes it's annual, but it seems that a book can be entered up to three years
after its first publication. And in fact, even past finalists can be
re-entered, should they happen not to win. Lois Kuznets' book *When Toys
Come Alive*, for example, lost twice, and won at the third and last time of
asking. It's an odd system, but I suppose it compensates for the fact that
some years there'll be several good books published, and other years few or
none.

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk