[DWJ] Exciting and topicly news

Charles Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 02:56:38 EDT 2007

> >How exciting, Charlie! Congratulations on making the shortlist!
> Thumbs are crossed . . . When do we know the outcome?

The final announcement will be made at Mythcon, which runs in Berkeley from
3-6th August.

>> Milly Williamson, The Lure of the Vampire: Gender, Fiction and
> >Fandom from Bram Stoker to Buffy (Wallflower, 2006)

>The sub-editor in me observes that this title would have been more
euphonious if it were "...from Bram Stoker to Buffy Summers".

It does sound an interesting book, though, doesn't it? Not quite interesting
enough, though, I find myself hoping meanly! Perhaps that careless neglect
of alliterative potential will be the thing that sinks it.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk