[DWJ] A pleasure shared is a pleasure embiggened.

Aimee Smith aimees001 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 03:53:42 EDT 2007

(Aimee in excitable puppy mode, now:)

I really, really want to read book 7 in tandem out loud with someone
and/or have a three hour conversation with some sympathetic soul, who
doesn't mind her going on and on about every little thought that
occurred to me while reading, so it becomes a shared memory/
experience and both people's experiences of the books become richer.

Anybody else do this with books? Or with other things? I do this with
Doctor Who, because my introduction to that wonderful man was in the
context of a shared family experience, which I treasured even though
the early Doctor Whos were boring to the point of tears
(Retrospectively they were great, but boy did they drag on!).

I suppose I am just expressing what every fan of every fad the Earth
has to offer knows by instinct - a pleasure shared is a pleasure
embiggened. Which is why we have fandom to begin with. Community and
all that. Connectivity with people.

But isn't it just blanky AWESOME being able to share brains with people?

I LOVE MY SUBCULTURE!

Affectionately yours,

Aimee.