[DWJ] Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Jul 19 08:53:17 EDT 2007

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:48:23 +0200, Katarina Hj=E4rpe wrote:
>
>> I recall a conversation where someone argued that this was *not* the cas=
e. I
>> don't know brownie lore very well, but the way it works with the Swedish
>> v=E4ttar/tomtar (and I got the impression that British lore was similar)=
, the
>> loyalty is to the location, not to the people.

in Katherine Briggs' fabulous Hobberdy Dick, the loyalty is to
the house, but the hob loves the families that live there. So he
stays with the property but loves the family even once they have
left.

-deborah
--
"Tai Chi works wonders when I feel like killing things.=20
Of course, so does actually killing things."