[DWJ] Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Wed Jul 18 23:16:19 EDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:35:09 -0400, slwones at gmail.com wrote:

>Oh, I also felt it
>was unfair for the rest of the students not to have any Quidditch just for
>three tirwizard events that only two Hogwarts students got to participate
>in.  I can understand Rowling being sick of writing about Quidditch at that
>point (and I was a bit sick of reading about Q. too), but I couldn't help
>feeling that as a student of Hogwarts I would have been ticked off.

Much as I enjoy the book, most of the things that bug me relate to the
administration of the Triwizard Tournament (the stuff that, once I get past
it, I can enjoy everything else).  Like--would a school *really* let a kid
off taking final exams for any reason?  Exams that have been such a big fat
hairy deal in the past?  The logic really is gimmicky.

Melissa Proffitt