[DWJ] Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

estairm at yahoo.com estairm at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 16:31:07 EDT 2007

Dorian wrote (among other things):

> But I'm inclined to think that even if Dobby is
> ahead of his time, and
> freedom is really the way to go for house-elves,
> Hermione is going about her
> cause all wrong.

Exactly, Dorian.

Something is also wrong with Hermione's organization,
SPEW.  Hermione is shown as being seriously in earnest
about her mission. She does not say that she's chosen
that ridiculous acronym on purpose (because it's
striking or absurd or for any other reason.  But she's
 too smart either to have chosen it by accident, or to
keep it once others have pointed out what the acronym
is.

So, whenever SPEW comes up, it shreds my suspension of
disbelief to pieces, and all for a stupid joke.

Which is annoying, because when my suspension is
working, I quite enjoy many parts of the Potter
universe.
Esther