[DWJ] Lois MacMaster Bujold

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Jul 17 14:31:58 EDT 2007

Juliette asked...

> How is her last name pronounced? I can't keep referring to her as Lois
> McMaster Unpronounceable.

Heh.  I asked this question recently on the LMB mailing list (a fun place,
btw), and I got two contradictory replies - one person said it was with a J
like in "jump"; one reckoned it's a soft J as in French.  (LMB herself
obviously didn't notice the post, as she didn't answer.)

So I'm going to go on pronouncing it as I always have - with a soft J.
BOO-zhold (second syllable rhyming with "bold").

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray