[DWJ] Re: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, part 1

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 12:29:10 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/13/2007 9:01:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Paul
Andinach writes:

It might  be more accurate to say that Rowling is *more interested* in
Snape; she's  gone on record as saying that she doesn't like him at all
and was  astonished to find that some of her readers did.

I remember an interview where she actually told readers (particularly young
women) that it wasn't a good idea to get romantically obsessed with people who
 do obviously horrible things. I am paraphrasing like mad, but I definitely
got  the impression that she thinks Snape may have a good role to play, but as
a  person he's cruel and yucky, and if you see anyone acting like that in real
 life, it doesn't matter if they have as much charisma as Alan Rickman can
lend  them, you should stay far, far away.

Helen Schinske