[DWJ] Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, part 2

Thu Jul 12 10:23:12 EDT 2007

Melissa Profitt wrote:
>And that's my conclusion, as well: J.K. Rowling is an insanely creative
person.  She comes up with ideas that have shape and form and a lot of
>possibilities.  Most of them, she uses well--I forgot to bring up
earlier how much I liked the Polyjuice Potion and Hermione's
"exploration" of a
 >possible side effect (p. 225-6).  And that's my conclusion, as well:
J.K. Rowling is an insanely creative person.  She comes up with ideas
that have
>shape and form and a lot of possibilities.  Most of them, she uses
well--I forgot to bring up earlier how much I liked the Polyjuice Potion
and
>Hermione's "exploration" of a possible side effect (p. 225-6).

The Polyjuice Potion however is a real problem for me in later books.
In CS Rowling has created some rules for the potion - it takes x days to
make; it has to be drunk within x minutes of completion; etc.  In later
books she has a character escaping from prison through the polyjuice
potion and impersonating another teacher, and I just don't logically see
how they could keep making it and taking it in the required timeframes.

Alison

Alison Hendon
Youth Selection Team Leader
Brooklyn Public Library