LMB (was Re: [DWJ] Burbling and an introduction)

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 02:08:36 EDT 2007

Spoilers for "Barrayar"

It's just one word, really: "Shopping."

It's that whole moment. Piotr sneering -demanding to know where
Cordelia's been - and Cordelia throwing the bag with Vordarian's head
in it on the table.

It's just the perfect moment: defiant humor in the face of
condescension and grief and exhaustion. And, of course, it's followed
closely by "I paid too much for it."

I love Bujold!

I look forward to another book with Miles as its center. I'd really
love an Ivan book. But another Cordelia book ... that would be pure joy.

widdy