[DWJ] Burbling and an introduction

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Wed Jul 11 05:10:18 EDT 2007

Juliette asked:

> I'd like to try LMB books. Which is the best to start with?

On one level, they're all so good that it doesn't matter!

I'd start with the Vorkosigan series, before "Komarr".  After that point
books have major spoilers for earlier books.  (I suppose "Mirror Dance"
has a major spoiler for "Brothers in Arms", too)

I started with "The Warrior's Apprentice", which is a good place in the
overall narrative to start.  I then jumped to "Memory", which is a
really gripping book, and which at least one person on this list has
cited as her starting point.  And then I was sufficiently hooked to read
anything...

You could, I suppose, start with the Chalion books.  "Curse of Chalion"
is probably a better book to start with than "Paladin of Souls", but I
didn't really like "Curse" until I re-read it.  (I haven't re-read
"Paladin" yet, and haven't even found a copy of "Hallowed Hunt".)

Other than that, all I can really say is don't start with "Ethan of
Athos".

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432