[DWJ] Burbling and an introduction

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Jul 10 14:40:37 EDT 2007

Beck said...

> Oooh, oooh, oooh -- I delurk again in a burst of excitement. I finally
> listened to what you chaps were saying, and read Lois McMaster Bujold.
> Isn't she fab? (Don't you think her name is a tad offputting, though?)
> People have been mentioning her for ages, and it's such a sympatico
> list that I knew I'd have to try her. But she doesn't seem to come up
> secondhand very much at all - I wonder if that is, in fact, the sign of
> a well-loved author?

A whole ONE of my LMB books was bought secondhand ("Komarr").  She really
doesn't seem to show up in the second-hand shops at all.

Do any of the bookshops in Cambridge import US editions of books?  One of
the ones in Dublin does, and those editions are rather cheaper than the UK
ones (usually EUR7ish as opposed to EUR10ish).  So it might be worth having
a look around for US imports of LMB - that's what most of my collection is!
(Or, depending on shipping prices, ordering through Amazon.com or some other
US online bookseller.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--